GTA 5 offers a vast experience of crime-filled adventure to the players. Continuous updates also ensure that the quality of the gameplay is not compromised. Moreover, periodic updates also introduce new features, modes, and vehicles in GTA 5. Heist missions often require modified or advanced armored vehicles in GTA 5. But the question is, which is the best-armored car in GTA 5?
Rockstar Games have introduced various categories of some of the best-armored vehicles in GTA 5. Players can equip themselves with armored buggies, trucks, armored cars, armored helicopters, and armored planes in GTA 5. However, our guide will focus only on the best-armored car in GTA 5.
Moreover, armored vehicles are not the only thing that will ensure your survival in the heist missions of GTA 5. You will need proper planning and a specific crew for every heist. Devising a separate crew for each heist can be hectic work sometimes. You can check our guide GTA V Best Crew For Every Heist for further assistance.
Best Armored Car In GTA 5
An armored vehicle is any vehicle in GTA 5 that can protect the players from explosives, gunfire, or any other physical damage using its own body. The armored car is assembled using specific materials that can withstand large amounts of damage. Even the windows and glass of the armored vehicle are damage-proof.
Additionally, some armored vehicles in GTA 5 are equipped with weapons. Players can not only take shelter in the armored car but can also defend themselves by attacking their opponents. These weaponized armored cars are the best pick for players to complete their heist missions in GTA 5.
There is a massive collection of armored cars in GTA 5 and GTA Online. Players often find themselves puzzled when buying an armored vehicle. We have made a list of the best-armored cars in GTA 5 and GTA Online on the following basis:
- Armor – Armor is our top priority. Any car with a sound armor system is a recommended choice for players. Cars also offer armor upgrades after you buy them. Basic armor and the level of customization provided after purchasing a car are our priority criteria while ranking armored vehicles in GTA 5.
- Price – Price plays a significant role when players want to buy new cars in GTA 5. A cheap armored automobile in GTA 5 is the best choice for most players. Hence, it is an appropriate criterion when ranking armored cars in GTA 5.
- Speed – When in a heist, players tend to finish things quickly to prevent further disturbance. Acceleration of the car matters when you are escaping the crime scene. Players need to be swift to get rid of the police chase. We will rank the armored cars while considering their speed in GTA 5.
Trucks also play a crucial role in the heists of GTA 5. Players can load all the looted money and other helpful equipment in trucks to run away. A truck is usually more muscular than a car and thus can withstand lots of damage.
You can check our guide on Fastest Trucks In GTA V if you want to know more about the fastest and strongest trucks to help assist your heists in GTA 5.
List Of The Best Armored Cars In GTA 5
We have created a list of the top 5 best-armored cars in GTA 5 by following the criteria mentioned above. Make sure to read this guide till the end.
5. Duke O’Death
The 2-door muscle car is based on the 1968-1970 Dodge Charger. It is a modified version of the Dukes’ car in GTA 5.
Duke O’Death is one of the best-armored muscle cars in GTA 5. It is a perfect choice for car enthusiasts who love old-school muscle cars.
Initially, this car was given for free to the players, in a random event, who have played the older and original versions of GTA 5. Later, the Duke was launched on sale in GTA 5, and new players could buy it with in-game currency. It comes in a Matte-Black color when you purchase it from the store. However, you can customize its color in Los Santos Customs.
Further details of this best-armored vehicle in GTA 5 are delivered below:
Price And Specification Of Duke O’Death
Duke O’Death’s armored car is quite an affordable armored car in GTA 5 with its fascinating features. You can learn more about this muscle car in detail below:
- Players can purchase this muscle monster from Warstock Cache and Carry for $6,65,000. This price range makes it one of the best-armored cars in GTA 5 in this price category.
- Duke O’Death is relatively more fast than the other variants of the Dukes’ car. This armored car could be your go-to car for heist missions in GTA 5 as it features a top speed of about 114.25mph (184kmph). The Acceleration and Brake system of the armored vehicle is also up to par.
- Duke O’Death can withstand 3 RPGs, while the 4th one will eventually destroy this car. Moreover, it will need 4 Homing Missiles to defeat this armored muscle car in GTA 5. The only backside of this vehicle is that it does not feature Bulletproof windows. Consequently, players could get shot from windows.
- Players can upgrade the already powerful armor of the Duke O’Death, along with other features of this car, after buying this vehicle in GTA 5. A 100% armor upgrade will cost about $30,000.
All these features make this car eligible to be one of the best-armored cars in GTA 5. Top speed is an apparent feature of this car. Although in competition, this car is not the fastest in GTA 5.
To learn about the fastest cars in GTA 5, you can check our guide for the best supercar for stunt race GTA V.
4. HVY Insurgent Pick-up
HVY Insurgent Pick-up is a Light Armored Personnel vehicle in GTA 5 and GTA Online. It was added to the game after the Gunrunning update in June 2017. This update also introduced various illegal arms trades in GTA 5.
Moreover, this tactical armored vehicle is equipped with weapons. Consequently, it can act not only as a protective shield from incoming explosive attacks but can also draw lethal attacks on opponents.
Primarily, it is an advanced and modified version of the Insurgent, with weapons and a top turret. Players can purchase it once they finish the Humane Labs Raid mission in GTA 5. The monstrous appearance of this vehicle also makes this pick-up the best-looking armored car in GTA 5.
The top-mounted turret can also act as a 0.5 caliber Machine Gun. You can find further valuable details of this car below:
Price And Specification Of HVY Insurgent Pick-up
Securing 4th position on our list of the best-armored vehicles in GTA 5 and GTA Online, the Insurgent Pick-up has the following features to justify its ranking:
- Players can buy this weaponized armored car from the Warstock Cache and Carry store in GTA 5. They can buy this vehicle for $1,350,000 after they have finished the Humane Labs Raid mission.
- HVY Insurgent Pick-up is relatively slower than its unarmed counterparts because of all the weapons installed over it. Moreover, its heavy weight also plays a role in slowing down acceleration. It has a maximum speed of 106.60 mph which is very good considering its heavy weight.
- The armor on HVY Insurgent Pick-up can withstand considerable damage. It can also destroy incoming vehicles in a direct collision. This monster can take 27 Homing missiles without getting destroyed. Moreover, it can endure 14 RPGs. However, any further missile or RPG can annihilate this car.
- Additionally, the windows and glass on this armored vehicle are not bulletproof. Players could get shot from the windows.
- The weapons installed on this best-armored car can eliminate the opponents within minutes. The mounted machine gun has a slow fire rate. However, it can eradicate nearby enemies without any discomfort. The top-mounted turret can move 360 degrees. It can also destroy nearby aircraft.
All these features make the HVY Insurgent Pick-up one of the best-armored vehicles in GTA 5 and GTA Online. Moreover, players can use this weaponized armored vehicle to eliminate the God Mode Glitch abusers in GTA 5. If you don’t know about this glitch, you can check our detailed guide here: GTA 5 God Mode Glitch.
3. Karin Kuruma (Armored)
Karin Kuruma (Armored) is an upgraded version of the regular Kuruma sedan in GTA 5. The 4-door armored vehicle is the most common choice for beginners in GTA 5 and GTA Online.
The distinctive feature of this armored vehicle is that it is entirely bulletproof. It is virtually impossible to snipe the players in this car. Moreover, Kuruma features high speed with better handling than its competitors on our list.
Players can purchase this best-armored car once they have finished the Fleeca Job mission in GTA 5. You can find further details about this best-armored vehicle below:
Price And Specification Of Karin Kuruma (Armored)
What are the distinctive features of this car? Why is this car in the top 3 armored vehicles in GTA 5? We are here to answer. An in-depth review of the Kuruma Armored car is given below:
- This car will be available to be purchased once the players have completed the Fleeca Job mission in GTA 5. Fleeca Job’s mission is the first heist in GTA 5 and GTA Online. Players can purchase this car for $5,25,000 from the Southern San Andreas Super Autos.
- The Kuruma armored car features a top speed of 147 mph in GTA 5. The handling of this car is very comfortable. Armored Kuruma accelerates at a smooth pace. However, the acceleration rate and the speed of this armored version of Kuruma are relatively slower than the standard variant of the Karin Kuruma.
- The armored Kuruma is entirely bulletproof. Therefore, it is an essential pick to complete heists in GTA 5. However, there is one con of this armored car. It is not explosive-resistant. Any amount of explosive material can destroy this armored vehicle in GTA 5.
All these features make this car one of the best-armored cars in GTA 5 and GTA Online. Speed is an apparent feature of this car.
2. Patriot Mil-Spec
Patriot Mil-Spec is a 4-door armored SUV car in GTA 5. It is based on a Hummer in real life. It was added in GTA 5 after the Contract Update in December 2021.
This armored car can handle multiple accidents and collisions without taking any noticeable damage. It has the highest defensive rating out of all the Imani Tech vehicles. The rear trunk cover can be used as a bulletproof shield. Moreover, you can also furnish this armored vehicle with a machine gun.
Hence, the Patriot Mil-Spec can also act as a weaponized vehicle with its primary armoring function. Moreover, this best-armored car can be governed by remote control in GTA 5.
This SUV is truly majestic. However, this is not the fastest SUV in GTA 5. There are other competitive and more luxurious SUVs in GTA 5. You can learn more about these SUVs in our guide on the fastest SUVs in GTA 5.
Price And Specification Of Patriot Mil-Spec
This superb vehicle is loaded with some of the best features in GTA 5. You can find the detail of these features in our guide below:
- Players can buy this one of the best-armored vehicles in GTA 5 after they finish 15 Security Contracts as a leader. Patriot Mil-Spec is available on the Southern San Andreas Super Autos for $1,285,000. This price is reasonably affordable, considering the top-notch features offered in this vehicle.
- Patriot Mil-Spec also features a top speed of 96 mph. This speed is very reasonable, considering the size and weight of this vehicle. The V8 engine in this armored vehicle is coupled with the 4-speed gearbox to offer a smooth acceleration rate.
- You can control this armored vehicle by using a remote control. Players can attack their opponents by controlling this weaponized armored vehicle from a safer distance.
- It has one of the best armor systems among all the armored vehicles in GTA 5. The glass on the windows of this armored vehicle is bulletproof. Additionally, the armor is comparatively more resistant to explosives than other armored cars in this category.
- You can customize the Mil-Spec with a Missile Lock-on Jammer. This jammer will prevent the Homing missile launchers from targeting this vehicle. Players can also install two machine guns on top of this armored vehicle. These machine guns can eliminate nearby enemies within seconds.
- Moreover, it can also be equipped with Slick Proximity Mines. Using these mines will release lots of oil on the ground. The oil will cause the opponent’s vehicles to lose control and roll over on the road.
- Players can upgrade the armor on the Mil-Spec up to 100% in the Los Santos customs for $50,000.
1. HVY Nightshark, The Best-Armored Car In GTA 5
HVY Nightshark is another 4-door armored SUV in GTA 5 added into the game after the Gunrunning Update in December 2017. It is based on Dartz Kombat in real life.
This armored car is equipped with multiple machine guns hidden in the front bumper of this car. Even though the Nightshark is bulky and heavy, it still has an excellent acceleration rate and very swift speed. All these features make Nightshark the best-armored car in GTA 5 and GTA Online.
A comprehensive guide on the features of this vehicle is given below:
Price And Specification Of Nightshark
As Nightshark is the best-armored car in GTA 5, players expect premium features from this car. We assure you will not be disappointed by the specifications of this armored car in GTA 5. We have enlisted the most prominent features of the Nightshark armored vehicle in GTA 5 below:
- Just like other armored cars on the list, Nightshark is also available to be purchased from the Warstock Cache and Carry for $1,24,500. The price is nothing compared to the features offered in this car. Do not hesitate for a moment and buy this armored car if you have enough money in your account.
- This best-armored vehicle features a top speed of 114.80 mph. Nightshark has the best acceleration among all the cars mentioned in our list. Moreover, the handling and the Brake System of the Nightshark armored car are up to par.
- The armored car is strongly resistant to the explosives in GTA 5. It can take up to 4 rockets from a rocket launcher and 27 Homing missiles before getting destroyed by any more explosives.
- The windows of the Nightshark are not bulletproof. It might even be the only drawback of this armored car in GTA 5. However, players can customize this car to install window plates. These will considerably limit the chances of getting shot.
- The Nightshark can be equipped with four front-facing machine guns. These machine guns are disguised in the front bumper of the armored car. These machine guns can defeat opponents within seconds. However, these machine guns suffer against heavily weaponized and armored vehicles.
- You can spend $50,000 to upgrade the armor on Nightshark by 100%. Brakes, color, wheels, etc. are also available to be customized in the Los Santos Customs.
All these features make the HVY Nightshark the best-armored car in GTA 5. That is all for our guide on the best-armored vehicles in GTA 5 and GTA Online. What is your favorite armored vehicle in GTA V? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section down below.