The Resident Evil 4 remake introduces various weapons suitable for diverse tactical approaches. Following this, all the weapons can upgrade to be useful in almost every aspect of the game. However, upgrading these weapons to their maximum intensity will not stop you from further enhancing them. In this case, an exclusive upgrade comes into play, which makes the performance of your weapon astounding in most scenarios in the Resident Evil 4 remake.
- Each weapon carries an exclusive upgrade, making that weapon unmatchable in certain terms.
- This feature is unlockable through story progression. It is mainly because of the higher cost of applying this upgrade to a weapon.
- There are two ways to apply an exclusive upgrade to a weapon. Once Chapter 7 is reached, players can trade an Exclusive Upgrade Ticket for 30 Spinels and, later on, buy another one for 40 Spinels. There are only two of these tickets, so use them wisely.
- The second way is when the story progresses to Chapter 9. Every weapon’s stats can be upgraded up to level 5. When a weapon hits the maximum upgrade level, it will be eligible for an exclusive upgrade by spending a substantial sum on it.
- The best advice is to apply an exclusive upgrade only to a weapon you aim to keep as your primary source of the shooting.
Each weapon will contain only one type of exclusive upgrade, which may differ from other weapons. This upgrade will either provide a unique trait to the weapon or improve its certain performance. Since this upgrade is costly, it is best to consider applying an exclusive upgrade to a weapon that you find most handy on the run. Check out our guide on the best guns to upgrade first in the Resident Evil 4 remake.
How To Apply Exclusive Upgrade To Weapons
Players can apply the exclusive upgrade on their weapons through the Merchant. However, an exclusive upgrade will not be available from the start of the Resident Evil 4 remake. Long story progress is a requirement to unlock this feature. Once the player has progressed to Chapter 9, his weapons will become eligible for an exclusive upgrade.
It is because all the weapons are capped to upgrade to only level 3. Whereas Chapter 9 will enable the players to enhance their weapons further by taking them to level 5. Once a weapon reaches its maximum potential of level 5 stats, an exclusive upgrade will be available to apply to it.
There are two methods of applying an exclusive upgrade to your weapon.
- First, players can purchase Exclusive Upgrade Ticket from the Merchant after Chapter 7.
- Second, spending a hefty amount of ptas. can apply for an exclusive upgrade.
However, there are a few factors to keep in mind regarding this upgrade. Whenever you are going for the option to spend ptas. for the upgrade, the requirement is that the weapon should be of max upgrade to level 5. Whereas an Exclusive Upgrade Ticket will instantly cause the upgrade to be applied. Furthermore, an Exclusive Upgrade Ticket might prove to be more expensive. Also, these are limited as there will be only two tickets to purchase in the game.
- First Exclusive Upgrade Ticket costs 30 Spinels.
- Second Exclusive Upgrade Ticket costs 40 Spinels.
Exclusive Upgrade Of Every Weapon
|Combat Knife||Increase attack speed by 1.5x||60,000|
|Fighting Knife||Increase power by 2x||80,000|
|Primal Knife||Become indestructible||10,000|
|SG-09 R||Increase critical hit rate by 5x||80,000|
|Punisher||Penetrate through 5 targets||70,000|
|Matilda||Increase ammo capacity by 2x||70,000|
|Sentinel Nine||Increase critical hit rate by 5x||80,000|
|Blacktail||Increase power by 1.5x||100,000|
|Bolt Thrower||Increase ammo capacity by 2x||60,000|
|TMP||Increase power by 1.5x||100,000|
|LE 5||Penetrate through 5 targets||80,000|
|Red9||Increase power by 1.5x||100,000|
|W-870||Increase power by 2x||80,000|
|Riot Gun||Increase power by 1.5x||80,000|
|Skull Shaker||Increase power by 2x||80,000|
|Striker||Increase ammo capacity by 2x||60,000|
|SR M1903||Increase power by 2x||100,000|
|Stingray||Increase rate of fire by 2x||60,000|
|CQBR Assault Rifle||Increase power by 1.5x||100,000|
|Chicago Sweeper||Ammunition never runs out||10,000|
|Broken Butterfly||Increase power by 1.5x||100,000|
|Killer7||Increase critical hit rate by 5x||77,700|
|Handcannon||Ammunition never runs out||10,000|
In brief, exclusive upgrades are essential for the late-game Chapters. It is because these upgrades aim to provide a much more balanced experience. Moreover, progress in the story is bound to introduce you to many difficult and dreadful enemies or situations. Therefore, remember that any weapon beyond its capabilities can assist you greatly in various intensive combat situations.
Take a gander at some of our supportive guides for the Resident Evil 4 remake:
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Broken Butterfly
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Wrench Location
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Secrets and Easter Eggs
Good job! Please give your positive feedback ☺️
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 🤔