GTA 5 is a fantastic game and is highly praised by players globally Anyone owning a PlayStation4 or any other platform like PC or Xbox might already have this video game. There are several features that GTA introduces in each game. And what makes this GTA 5 unique is the built-in screen recording feature that allows you to record and share game highlights with other GTA 5 enthusiasts.
Many players use this feature, but do not know how to stop recording in GTA 5. If you are also one of those people, then we are here to help. This article will discuss the purpose of stopping and starting screen recording in GTA 5. So, let’s dig further.
How To Stop Recording GTA 5 On PC?
If you are someone who plays GTA 5 on the PC and is confused about what steps to follow to stop the recording, we got you covered. Here is the step-by-step procedure:
- First, start or open GTA 5 on your device and click on the settings button.
- After that, press the Alt key on your keyboard, and you will see a default character switch on the screen.
- Now use the F1 key, and the recording will begin.
- Once you’ve recorded the desired part of the game, press the F2 key, and the recording will stop. Yes, that’s how easy it is.
- Another option that you can use is changing keys. Go to the GTA 5 settings and utilize the critical binding option to change the keys and elements of your game.
Stopping recording your GTA 5 on the PC isn’t a difficult task. You only need to remember when to press which key, and you are all set to go!
Tip: Rockstar Editor is one of the most prominent tools to stop and start recording GTA 5 on your PC. It’s pre-downloaded in GTA 5 and gives you an exceptional recording experience. Furthermore, the videos recorded aren’t saved in your device gallery but in the game’s store/gallery.
Also, do you know you can also eat snacks in GTA 5? Sounds impressive, no? However, if you don’t know how to get snacks and check their variety in GTA 5, here is a detailed guide on How to eat snacks in GTA 5?
How To Stop Recording GTA 5 On PS4?
Do you spend most of your time playing GTA 5 on PS4 but don’t know how to turn off recording GTA 5 and capture the favorite part of your gameplay saved? Worry no more! Here’s the step-by-step procedure that will guide you about it:
- First, you must bring up the consoles’ character switch menu.
- For this purpose, you must press the “Down” button on the D-pad.
- After that, you will see a start/stop button that allows you to start recording the GTA 5 clips and stop by clicking on the same button when the desired part has been recorded. In PS4, it probably appears as a square key on your PS4 screen.
- Once the video is recorded, go to the Rockstar editor and edit the clip accordingly.
- To access the editor, go to the pause menu.
- Press the pause button, and you will see the editor button at the top right of the screen. If it’s not in front, scroll over a little.
- You can use the click management button to manage and edit the videos.
The procedure of how to turn off clip recording in GTA 5 is quite tricky compared to that of a PC. However, it becomes easy once you know what you are doing and how to.
For How Long Can I Record GTA 5 on the PS4?
On average, you can record the GTA 5 game’s exciting shots and thrilling stunts for almost an hour. However, the recording doesn’t stop unless you stop it yourself.
So, after one hour, the first clip will get saved, and the second recording will start automatically. Yes, you heard it right; the Rockstar Editor will keep recording one after another video until you finish your game.
Now that you know how to capture your gameplay, you can easily record your stunts and show off all the rides performing wheelies. For those who are not aware of the wheelie cars, here are top 10 best wheelie cars in GTA 5 for both speed and show off.
Where The Recordings Are Saved In GTA 5 By Default?
Once you clearly understand how to stop records in GTA 5 and have recorded exclusive videos, you may wonder where all the clips go. Well, to make it easier for you, here’s what we have found:
- Visit C:\ Users\ [USER]\ My Documents\ Rockstar Games\ GTA V\ videos.
Following the above instructions, you will find plenty of successfully saved videos or clips.
How To Delete The Recorded GTA 5 Videos From The Rockstar Editor?
Once you have stopped recording GTA 5 clips, you can pause your game and proceed with the deletion process. Scroll over to the right of the screen to the last tab and click on the Rockstar Editor button.
Then, you will see the click management button; press it. After that, if you are using a PC, use the delete key present on the keyboard to delete the videos, and for PS4 or XBOX one, select the triangle button and confirm the deletion.
GTA 5 is the talk of the town for potential gamers. It features an excellent recording tool, Rockstar Editor, that helps you record the favorite parts of your game, edit them, and later share them on your YouTube or other social channels. Whether you are a PC user or have a PS4, we hope this article provides a comprehensive guide on stopping recording GTA 5. Have a happy gaming experience!
Now that you are here, why not check out: How to Drift in GTA 5 using PS4 controller?