With an ever-evolving and one of the most impressive gaming experiences you will ever have witnessed, GTA V is still one of the other best game picks of the decade. It is undoubtedly a game title that you will never regret buying. Moreover, the addition of GTA Online has spiced up things bringing the whole GTA Online community to a single platform.
GTA Online allows you to play in lobbies to enjoy games with your friends and ambitious players from all over the world. But sometimes you may wish to play solo but also enjoy the perks of a public lobby. So here is How you can start a solo public session in GTA Online.
- If you prefer playing alone and want a whole public lobby, you can hop into a solo session in GTA Online.
- You can easily start a solo public session in GTA Online on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.
- All of these methods are entirely safe, so don’t worry about being banned from GTA Online.
Why Play In a Solo Public Session?
Many GTA Online players prefer playing alone without a crew. But they also want to enjoy the perks of a public lobby. So many players might wish to have a complete public lobby. Moreover, if you are still a beginner and are working on your GTA Online gaming skills and want a public lobby as a practice ground, all for yourself, then you will wish to have a solo public lobby.
So there is good news for you because today we will tell you how to start a public session where you will be the only player playing. You will have the whole lobby just to yourself, and it will also help you avoid hackers and griefers who can sometimes be annoying, ruining your game session.
How To Start A GTA Online Solo Public Session?
Although, there is no straightforward option to kick out every other player from any session and claim it to yourself. But by taking advantage of the game’s various glitches, you can start a solo public session in GTA Online quickly. Here we have explained the complete step-by-step procedure to do so as easily. Just follow these steps, and you will be good to go.
If you are playing GTA Online on PC and want to start a solo public session, then you can opt for one of the following methods:
To start your solo public lobby in GTA Online on PC, follow these simple steps:
- While playing in Story Mode, head to GTA Online from the pause menu
- Start a regular public lobby
- Go to one of your owned homes or offices
- Now press the keys Alt+Tab on your keyboard; this will minimize your game
- Open the Task Manager and go to the Performance tab in the window that appears
- A window will open, displaying graphs to indicate your PC’s performance
- At the bottom of the window, there will be an “Open Resources Monitor” option; select it
- A window will open, showing you the processes and apps that are using your PC resources
- From the list of apps and processes, look for “GTA5.exe.”
- Right-click on “GTA5.exe,” and from the drop-down menu that appears, click the “Suspend Process” option
- Wait for a few seconds for the process to shut down completely, and then again resume the process by right-clicking on “GTA5.exe”
- Close your Task Manager window and go back to your game
- Finally, you will be in a solo public lobby all by yourself
However, note that if you follow this procedure, you will have a limited time to play in that solo public session. This process disconnects other players from the server but not for long. Moreover, you will be kicked out of the server after some time.
GTA V gives you one of the most interactive gaming experiences you will ever witness. Various side missions, races, hobbies, and several other fun activities make its gameplay awesome. If you need to know about these fun side activities and pastimes that you can try in Grand Theft Auto V, you can check out our guide on GTA V Hobbies and Pastimes.
This method might take a little bit longer than the previous one, but it is guaranteed to always work. Follow these steps for this:
- Load your game simply in the Story Mode
- Once the game has loaded, disable your data connection by unplugging your PC’s Ethernet cable
- Connect your PC to a wireless network
- Get back to your game and start a regular public lobby
- Go into one of your owned properties, either a home or an office
- Reconnect the Ethernet cable to the back of your PC again
- Doing this, you will see that everyone from your public lobby will be kicked out, and you will be in a solo public lobby all by yourself.
Moreover, both methods are safe to try, so you don’t worry about being banned.
Xbox Consoles Method
You can get start a solo public session just for you and your friends, even if you are playing GTA Online on Xbox 360 or Xbox One. For this, you have to follow these simple steps:
- Press the Xbox button on your Xbox game controller
- A menu will appear; from this menu, go to “Settings.”
- Go to your Account settings, in which you will have to go to the Privacy section
- From here, access the “Xbox privacy” menu.
- Here you will see a variety of privacy options; select the “Customized” one.
- Select the “View Details and Customize” option
- Here in the “Communication and Multiplayer” section, from the list of settings that appear. Block joining the multiplayer games.
- Now head over to the game and select the “Find a new session” option in the pause menu.
- After this, you will get two prompt messages; select “Allow” for both of them.
- A new game session will start, and you will be in a Solo public lobby.
Do take note that you will have a limited amount of time to follow the procedure. If you fail to execute the in-game process quickly, you will enter story mode. Therefore, you must keep the password short. Also, when you hit “Find a new session,” a few prompt messages will appear that you must answer immediately by simply agreeing to whatever the message asks.
So this is all you need to know about how to create a GTA Online Solo Public Session on Xbox consoles.
PlayStation Consoles Method
The method to start your own personal solo GTA Online lobby for PlayStation consoles is slightly different. But again, we got you covered because here is the complete step-by-step procedure to do so:
- Go to your PlayStation console’s settings menu
- In this menu, head over to the “Network” section
- Establish your internet connection with your preferred method
- Now choose the “Custom” option and leave all the settings unchanged the MTU settings
- By default, the value of MTU will be set to 1500
- Change this value and set it to something between 600-700
- Now when you start a new session for GTA Online, it will be a solo session
The method is eligible for both PS4 and PS5 consoles. Remember that you can place the value of MTU anywhere between 600 to 700. Specifically, it is required to keep the MTU value as low as possible. At the same time, increasing the value is demanded when the game does not create solo public sessions.
If you enter the story mode after the game tests your internet connection, you must increase the MTU value. Otherwise, your solo public session is good to go. It is because your MTU value must differ from others in your area.
Note: If you cannot start a solo public session despite trying these settings, increase the MTU value further.
Using The Solo Public Session Tool
Other than the methods mentioned above, to start a GTA Online public session, you can also use this advanced tool developed by Bokyyy412. This tool allows you to whitelist the IP addresses so that only the IPs you allow can join your public session.
In this way, you can play GTA Online privately with your friends, without any intrusion from strangers, even in a public session. While complying with all the firewall rules, this tool blocks all the inbound and outbound connection requests. You can download and see how to set up and use this tool here.
It is all a personal preference whether you like to play GTA Online privately with your friends or with GTA fans from across the world in public lobbies. Some people prefer to play in the comfort of the company of only their close friends, and some like interacting and meeting new players from all over the globe.
If you prefer the latter one and play in crews, then you must be familiar with the fact that GTA Online crews from all over the world compete to be the best crew. Every crew tries to have its own signature color, their emblem, etc., that signifies them from the other crews. So if you are creating your own crew, you must have some cool ideas for your crew’s appearance.
If you need help with that, we got you covered; you can check out some really badass crew customization ideas in our guide on Best GTA Modded Crew Colors
In this guide, we have explained everything you need to know about getting into your own solo public session. We have tried our best to keep things as simple as possible, and we have that this guide has been helpful to you. Do let us know your valuable feedback in the comments below.
Similar Read: GTA 5 Car Duplication Glitch