GTA 5 features a crime world that gives the players a realistic experience. Players get to do criminal activities and earn money. Heist missions are the primary source of making money in GTA 5. To quickly run away with heist money, players should know how to fly a helicopter in GTA 5, especially on a PC.
Moreover, flying a helicopter is an essential skill in GTA 5 because it is the most convenient way of traveling around the city. Think about it, you don’t have to face the hefty traffic and patrol officers. You can fly around anywhere you want. However, learning to fly a helicopter in GTA 5, especially on a PC, can be a difficult task.
The control buttons are easy to access. However, mastering these control buttons requires lots of practice. Otherwise, the mishandling can cause an untimely death during run-offs in GTA 5 heists. The ability to fly a helicopter does not ensure success in GTA 5 thefts.
Many other factors determine the success ratio of heists. However, choosing an appropriate crew is one of the most critical factors. Unfortunately, players often get stuck in heist missions because of the inappropriate selection of crew members. You can check our guide: GTA V Best Crew For Every Heist, to learn about crew selection in GTA 5.
How To Fly Helicopter In GTA 5
Flying helicopters in GTA 5 is an easy task. However, mastering the controls to handle the helicopter without problem takes practice. Moreover, flying a helicopter is similar to flying airplanes in GTA 5. Both have almost the same control buttons.
Learning to control airborne vehicles can considerably increase your chances of survival in heist missions. We have given an in-depth guide on how you can master flying helicopters in GTA 5 on different consoles.
Helicopters are essential vehicles in GTA 5. Players can buy these helicopters to use for multiple purposes. Different types of helicopters are available in GTA 5 with other features and specifications. If you don’t know what are the best helicopters in GTA 5, we suggest you check our guide on Fastest Helicopters in GTA V.
How To Fly Helicopter In GTA 5 On PC
Many people out there don’t know how they can use their PC keyboard to fly a helicopter. However, there are some primary keys and key combinations to fly a helicopter efficiently in GTA 5. Moreover, some keyboards don’t have num pads.
The primary keys to controlling your helicopter in GTA 5 are given below:
- You can enter a helicopter by pressing your keyboard’s ‘F key.’ Similarly, players can use the same key to exit a helicopter in GTA 5.
- Press your keyboard’s ‘W Key‘ to ascend your helicopter in the air. Similarly, you can descend your helicopter in GTA 5 by pressing and holding the ‘S Key’ on your keyboard.
- The ‘A Key’ is used to turn your helicopter to the left, while the ‘D Key’ turns the helicopter rightward.
- Press V on your keyboard to change the camera angles from the three different available options.
Additionally, you can use some other Key combinations and Numpad keys to control your chopper. Let’s say you are just a beginner at flying helicopters, and during a heist, you fail to utilize this ability. Chances are you could have to fight off the police hand to hand. To prepare for such conditions, you should check out our guide, How To Glitch Fight In GTA 5.
Number Pad Keys
Players can use some essential number pad keys to fly their helicopter in GTA 5. These keys are listed below:
- Number 4 key: This key rolls your helicopter to the left side.
- Number 5 key: This key moves your helicopter backward.
- Number 6 Key: This will roll your helicopter to the right side.
- Number 8 key: This key will move your helicopter forward.
The issue is that not all keyboards have num pads. But that’s not a problem. Our guide has you covered.
Without Numpad Keys
People often ask how to fly a helicopter in GTA 5 on a PC without Numpad. Well, there is an easy way out; by using a mouse. Players can enable movement through a mouse in their game settings. Controlling your helicopter through a mouse is super easy. Read our guide below:
- Board the helicopter by using the keyboard keys mentioned above.
- Moving your mouse upwards will move your helicopter forward.
- On the other hand, moving your mouse downward will make your helicopter move backward.
- Moving your mouse to the right side will propel the helicopter to turn right. Similarly, moving your mouse to the left will force the helicopter to move leftwards.
- Moreover, some helicopters are equipped with weapons. Players can launch attacks from these installed weapons by left-clicking on the mouse.
Players can also see the movement of their mouse on the mini-map radar system. All these simple steps will help you fly a GTA 5 on a PC without Numpad. However, if you plan to buy a helicopter, you must also consider purchasing a proper facility to store it in GTA 5. You can learn about one such facility in our guide: RON Alternates Wind Farm in GTA 5.
How To Fly Helicopter In GTA 5 On Xbox
Controlling a helicopter with the help of a console is relatively easier than handling it on a keyboard. The step-by-step guide to flying a helicopter in GTA 5 on an Xbox is given below:
- Stand beside a helicopter and press the Y Button on your Xbox console to enter the helicopter in GTA 5. You can use the same key to exit your helicopter.
- Press and hold the RT Button on the right side of your console to fly your helicopter in the air. Pressing and holding on to the LT Button will descend your helicopter.
- Use the Left Analog Stick on your console to move the helicopter in any desired direction. For example, moving the left analog stick towards the right will turn your helicopter rightwards and vice versa. Moreover, maintain the height by pressing and holding on to the RT Button.
- You can turn your helicopter towards the left side by pressing the LB Button and turn it towards the right side by pressing the RB Button.
- If your helicopter is equipped with weapons, you can use them by pressing the A Button on your Xbox console. Then, use the Left Analog Stick to target your opponents.
- If you want to switch between the camera perspective, use the Right Analog Key on your console.
You would need to know these keys to fly a helicopter in GTA 5 on an Xbox. Master these controls in GTA 5 by practicing in the Freemode. It can be a part of your pastimes in GTA 5. If you didn’t know about hobbies and pastimes in GTA 5, you could check our detailed guide on GTA V Hobbies And Pastimes.
How To Fly Helicopter On PS4
Playstation and Xbox have almost similar keys on their consoles. So the control scheme on both schemes is also the same. The only difference is the name of the keys. The step-by-step guide to flying a helicopter in GTA 5 on PS4 is given below:
- You can get inside a helicopter in GTA 5 by pressing the Triangle Button on your PS console. You can find this button on the top right side of your console. The same button is also used to exit helicopters in GTA 5.
- Press the R2 Button on the top right corner of your console to ascend the helicopter in the air. Likewise, the L2 Button can be used to descend the helicopter in GTA 5.
- The Left Analog Stick on your PlayStation console can turn the helicopter in any direction. So, for example, moving it towards the left will turn the helicopter leftwards, and moving it towards the right will turn the helicopter rightwards.
- You can use the R1 & L1 keys to swing the helicopter towards the right and left sides, respectively.
- If you want to change the camera view while sitting in the helicopter, use the Right Analog Stick in GTA 5.
- If you have a weaponized armored helicopter in GTA 5, you can aim at the target through the left analog stick and fire off the weapons by pressing the X Button.
Armored and weaponized vehicles, whether airborne or on the road, are attractive and especially useful in GTA 5 heists. These can not only help you protect yourself but also allow you to attack your enemies. To learn more about these armored vehicles, you can check our guide Best Armored Car In GTA 5.
How To Fly Helicopters In GTA 5 Faster
There is no definitive way of flying a helicopter faster in GTA 5. However, we have provided some suggestions and tips to fly your helicopter faster in GTA 5. These tips are given below:
- On your PS4 controller, hold on to the Left Analog Stick and the R2 key. It will make your helicopter reach its maximum speed quickly in GTA 5.
- Press and hold on to the Left Analog Stick and the RT Button on your Xbox console to help your helicopter reach its maximum speed.
- Moreover, switch to the fastest available helicopter in GTA 5. Buckingham Swift, for example, is the fastest helicopter in GTA 5, with the highest speed of 156mph.
It was all for our guide on how to fly a helicopter in GTA 5. We would love to hear your thoughts on this topic in our comments. If you found our guide helpful, we believe you would love our guide on How to Double Clutch in GTA?