Many players enjoy the violent environment of GTA 5, while others like to calmly enjoy the beautiful cities of Los Santos and Blaine County. As a result, Rockstar Games introduced the Passive Mode in GTA 5 to prevent players from unnecessarily harming each other. Our guide today will answer all your questions on how to get out of Passive Mode in GTA 5, especially on an Xbox.
Usually, in free mode, players enjoy their GTA V hobbies and pastimes apart from daily stealing and killing spree. Therefore, most of them want to stay on their own and don’t want to connect with other players. However, there are always griefers who would try to disturb your peace. Surprisingly the passive Mode works essentially as a barrier between you and other players.
Even though very helpful, the passive Mode can prevent players from many essential activities. Therefore, players need to turn off passive Mode to access these activities. Our extensive guide on how to get out of Passive Mode in GTA 5 on all platforms.
Passive Mode In GTA 5
Passive Mode prevents players from contacting or harming each other in any way in GTA 5. Players essentially become invincible in this Mode, however, in a legal manner. A 🚫 mark is shown on players’ heads and the radar in passive Mode.
Of course, players cannot always stay in passive Mode in GTA 5. Some missions require players to get violent and even kill other players. So it requires players to get out of passive Mode in GTA 5, whether playing on Xbox or any other gaming console.
Before we proceed with our guide to learning how to turn off Passive Mode, you should know how to turn on Passive Mode in GTA 5 on consoles like Xbox, PS4, or PC. We have provided a detailed guide below.
How To Turn On Passive Mode In GTA 5
GTA 5 automatically puts you in Passive Mode after your first death in-game. It makes players invincible to any attack done by opponents. Melee, firearms, and even heavy arms attacks do not damage the players in this Mode.
Passive Mode is the legal way of avoiding death in GTA 5. However, it cannot be utilized to complete heist missions in GTA 5 Online. Therefore, there is also an unethical way of bypassing death and finishing missions in GTA 5.
It is by abusing a glitch. If you are interested to learn more about this glitch, you can check our extensive guide on GTA 5 God Mode Glitch.
However, if you want to get into Passive Mode manually, you can follow our guide below:
- Open the Interaction Menu on your PC by pressing the M key on your keyboard. On a PS4, press and hold the Touchpad to access the Interaction menu in GTA 5. While on your Xbox, press the View Button to open the interaction menu to turn on or get out of passive Mode in GTA 5.
- Head to the Online Tab and scroll down to the Options menu in GTA 5 on these consoles.
- You will find the Passive Mode option there. A $100 fee will be charged to enable Passive Mode in GTA 5.
These simple steps allow players to turn on Passive Mode in GTA 5 on all consoles. Please note that once turned on in GTA 5, players cannot get out of the Passive Mode until they turn it off themselves, whether they are playing on a PC, PS4, or an Xbox.
Types Of Passive Mode
There are two types of Passive Mode in GTA 5. Each type with a different intensity. Both kinds of Passive Mode in GTA 5 are briefly explained below:
Classic Passive Mode
Classic Passive Mode automatically turns off when the user gets inside a car. Hence, they can use their weapon wheel and use the weapons to kill other people and can also be killed by them. Exiting the vehicle will turn on Passive Mode once again.
Passive Mode turns off automatically when players enter a vehicle because players can use vehicles to run over and kill other players. Additionally, regular players can kill passive players by running over them using their vehicles.
Moreover, it is worth noticing that only players with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can get in or get out of the Classic Passive Mode in GTA 5. Players on other versions of these consoles cannot use this feature.
Enhanced Passive Mode
Updated versions of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 feature a modified form of the classic Passive Mode in GTA 5. This mode allows players to appear translucent or crystalline and hence, semi-invisible to other players in GTA 5.
Enhanced Passive players cannot take fights with other players in GTA 5. Moreover, if a passive player enters a car, it will turn that car semi-invisible. Hence, both the player and the vehicle cannot be destroyed. Players in Enhanced Passive Mode will pass through other players or cars like thin air without any damage.
However, there is one limitation of the Enhanced Passive Mode in GTA 5. It will automatically turn off when players enter a weaponized armored vehicle after a delay of thirty seconds. You can learn more about these weaponized armored vehicles in our guide on Best Armored Car In GTA 5? to avoid getting in these cars when using the Passive Mode in GTA 5.
Advantages of Passive Mode
Passive Mode is a beneficial feature in GTA 5, no doubt. There are multiple advantages of Passive Mode in GTA 5. Some of them are listed below:
- Passive Mode players are semi-transparent, so their nearby players cannot contact them. Consequently, Passive players can enjoy their time in-game by experimenting with different features of GTA 5.
- Griefers cannot harm or kill Passive players in GTA 5, especially on the latest Xbox One and PlayStation 4 with Enhanced Passive Mode enabled. Hence, players will not have to change their session again and again after dying at the hands of griefers.
- Even missile launchers cannot kill Passive players in GTA 5. Weaponized vehicles with mounted weapons will waste their ammo on Passive players in GTA 5.
- However, they can be run over by other vehicles and can be killed by other players in this way. Fortunately, the medical expenses in such cases will be on the driver and not on the passive player.
These are some of the best-utilized advantages of Passive Mode in GTA 5. However, Passive Mode has its cons. Therefore, we have enlisted some of the benefits of Passive Mode in GTA 5 in our guide below.
Disadvantages of Passive Mode
Everything has some drawbacks. The same is the case for Passive Mode. Read our guide below to know the disadvantages of Passive Mode in GTA 5 on Xbox and PS4 consoles:
- The first and foremost disadvantage of Passive Mode is that passive players cannot participate in GTA 5 heist missions. Passive players can roam nearby areas and cannot do any missions in GTA 5.
- Passive Players cannot access the weapon wheel in GTA 5. Consequently, they cannot use any weapons against their opponents.
- Players in Passive Mode cannot contact or interact with other nearby players. As a result, some players might feel lonely without lively interaction with other players.
- Passive players are almost unbeatable. However, they can be killed by a few weaponized vehicles. The medical expenses in any such case will be inflicted on the attacker player, but the drawback here is that the passive players will not be able to defend themselves.
These were the major drawbacks of Passive Mode in GTA 5 on all consoles, including the latest variants of Xbox and PlayStation. These disadvantages force players to get out of Passive Mode in GTA 5. The step-by-step guide to turning off Passive Mode in GTA 5 is below.
But before that, if you enjoy our guide, we recommend you check our latest guide on Snacks in GTA 5: Where To Get, How To Eat?
How To Turn Off Passive Mode In GTA 5
Sometimes, to finish heists and other missions in GTA 5, players need to get out of Passive Mode. You can check our step-by-step guide on how to get out of Passive Mode in GTA 5 on the latest Consoles like Xbox One and PlayStation 4 here:
- Just like how we did to turn on Passive Mode, players need to open their Interaction menu. Players can access the Interaction menu by pressing the M key on their keyboards.
- Additionally, they can access the Interaction menu by pressing and holding the Touchpad on their PS4. While on an Xbox One, press the View button to open the Interaction Menu to get out of Passive Mode in GTA 5.
- Players can find the Options menu in the Online tab on these consoles.
- They can find the Passive Mode feature there. Tap on it to deactivate Passive Mode in GTA 5. However, it will take 30 seconds to get out of Passive Mode once you deactivate it in settings.
We conclude our extensive guide on How to get out of Passive Mode in GTA 5 on Xbox and PS4 here. If you have any related queries, you can comment below. However, if you find our guide helpful, we suggest you check our latest guide on How To Equip Rebreather in GTA 5?