The default settings should be a fine start to play with. It is because your GPU drivers will automatically pick the best settings possible based on VRAM and other performance factors. While doing so, the automated feature will set up the graphics on performance preference rather than quality based. So if you don’t get better visuals even at a high-end system, here is how to set the best graphics settings for Resident Evil 4 Remake.
- By default, Resident Evil 4 will be set to graphics that complement your system’s visuals and performance.
- However, keep everything at the lowest level possible to attain the best performance settings. However, some settings can be set to the highest level possible without affecting performance.
- As for the medium settings, players should keep the graphics balanced between the low and mid options. This will provide a fair visual output following the favorable performance result.
- You can only tweak the set up to its maximum level if you have a strong-specification PC that can resist a high load on its VRAM.
However, one factor to remember is that it is a better option to keep it performance-based. If your graphic settings exceed the VRAM, there might be several issues. Explicitly, this can include the game crashing at any unexpected point. Sometimes, even powerful GPUs will even output low graphic settings. However, you can change it for the better if your system can accept high-quality rendering.
The minimum requirements for the Resident Evil 4 remake are Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. Or if you use AMD graphic card, then the Radeon RX 560 is the minimum requirement. Following this, any GPU of approximal performance will give a low graphical output.
Best Low Graphic Settings
The best trait of Resident Evil 4 is that the game is still enjoyable, even on low graphics settings. It might require some time to set up the graphics in lower settings due to the complexity of the options. Regarding this situation, it is best to learn which option will affect the performance.
Here are the low best graphics settings for Resident Evil 4 Remake playthrough.
- Limit the Frame Rate to 30.
- HDR mode Off.
- Cinematic Resolution should stay at Full HD. Although this option does not affect VRAM usage, it is best not to keep a 4K display on low-end devices.
- Ray Tracing, as expected, should be Off.
- Keep the FidelityFX Super Resolution 2 option to Ultra Performance. The more you keep this option away from the performance, the more VRAM it will consume.
- If you prefer using FidelityFX Super Resolution 1 option, minimize every performance option present. Namely, you should keep Image Quality to 50%, Rendering Mode to Interlaced, and Anti-aliasing should be turned off.
- Keep the Texture quality Low ( 0 GB ). If you don’t appreciate the results, then you can shift this setting to Medium ( 0.25 GB ).
- Shadow Quality must be Low. It is because shadow quality is one of the most burdensome factors of graphics. So it is best to keep it as low as possible.
- Turn off the Shadow Cache.
- Volumetric Lighting also requires a fair use of VRAM. It is best to keep it Off.
- Hair Strands highly affect performance and must be kept Off.
- Turn off the Terrain.
- Turn Off the Lens Flare.
- Resource-Intense Effects Quality should be Low. Although, this option does not affect the VRAM.
The options that were overlooked in the preset will not affect your VRAM usage.
Best Medium Graphics Settings
The most favorable setting that is performance-based and provides pleasing visuals is medium setting presets for your graphics. However, remember that Resident Evil 4 will require a strong GPU to process at medium graphics. But you can manage to run the graphic settings provided here as we have focused on keeping the preset performance-sided.
Use the best medium graphic settings for your Resident Evil 4 Remake gameplay:
- Set the Frame Rate to Variable. This will keep the performance stable.
- It is best to keep the HDR off at this point.
- Cinematic Resolution at Full HD.
- Keep the Ray Tracing Off.
- FidelityFX Super-resolution 2 can be set to Balanced. Although, you can use the Performance option here for much smoother gameplay.
- As for the FidelityFX Super-resolution 1 option, it should also be kept Balanced. However, it is best to set this option manually. Specifically, you should keep Image Quality 70%, Rendering Mode Interlaced, and Anti-aliasing should be TAA.
- Texture Quality can be Medium ( 0.5 GB ). However, it will be perfect for keeping it at Medium ( 0.25 GB ) for performance.
- You can set the Texture Filtering at High ( ANISO x2 ). This way, you will get a high filtering rate at a fair performance impact.
- Mesh Quality can either be Mid or High. It will not have a greater impact on performance.
- Shadow Quality at Mid level. Advisable, it is best to keep this at Low.
- Keep the Shadow Cache Off.
- Volumetric Lighting should also be Off. It takes a bit of load on VRAM.
- You can turn the Bloom On.
- You can also turn On the Screen Space Reflection. It will add a nice detail to reflections without significantly impacting the performance.
- Take the Hair Strands to Normal.
- Keep the Terrain Off.
- Turn On the Lens Flare and Depth of Field.
Other settings should either be turned Off or should be kept at Low.
Best High Graphics Settings
The most exquisite and finest-looking graphics preset for this game’s visually stunning experience. However, you need a strong spec system to attain high graphics and performance simultaneously. Here are the best high graphics settings for Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Use the best high graphic settings for your Resident Evil 4 gameplay:
- Use a 60 Frame Rate. You can move to a 120 Frame Rate if you have a better-performing system.
- Set the Cinematic Resolution to 4k. However, using the Full HD option here is also quite acceptable.
- You can turn On the Ray Tracing, but it is advised not to because of issues related to the game’s optimization.
- You can set FidelityFX Super-resolution 2 to the Quality option.
- If you prefer FidelityFX Super-resolution 1, keep it Ultra Quality. Or, you can manually set it to provide much better graphic results. Tweak the Image Quality to 100% or above, Rendering Mode to Normal, and Anti-aliasing should be FXAA+TAA.
- Texture Quality can be maintained at High ( 1 GB ). If you don’t face performance issues, move this to High ( 3 GB ).
- Texture Filtering can be High ( ANISO x16 ).
- High Shadow Quality along with the Shadow Cache turned On.
- You can set Ambient Occlusion to FidelityFX CACAO for better environmental details.
- Turn On the Volumetric Lighting and Screen Space Reflection.
- Keep Hair Strands High to improve the looks of character.
- Turn On the Terrain and Depth of Field for the best graphical enhancements.
- Resource-intense lighting quality and effects quality can be High for better in-game details.
As for the rest of the options, you can keep them On or High settings if your device runs smoothly.
Best Custom Graphics Settings
PC players can also focus on one aspect of the graphical output. This means that if you find certain visual effects stunning while others are quite redundant, you should not waste the potential of performance. If you wish to save some VRAM, only maintain the settings that satisfy your interest.
Textures play a vital role in providing the best visuals. If you attain a high texture quality, then pretty much every other graphic setting will not be a requirement.
- FidelityFX Super-resolution 1 should be set manually for better quality. Keep the Image Quality to 100% and the Rendering Mode to Normal.
- Keep the Texture Quality High ( 1, 2, or 3 GB ) according to your system specs.
- Texture Filtering at High ( ANISO x16 ).
- Keep the Shadow Quality High.
- Set the Hair Strand to Normal or High.
You can use this preset while keeping every other setting at the lowest level possible. This will give you top-notch texture quality while ignoring the rest of the graphics. However, do keep in mind that the texture preset has a great impact on performance.
Lighting plays an important role in enhancing the visual outcome. Moreover, the lighting effect is not highly impactful on performance.
- Keep the Anti-aliasing to FXAA+TAA.
- Turn On the Shadow Cache for much more detailed Shadow output.
- Turn On the Volumetric lighting for much gloomy and spooky atmosphere.
- Turn On the Bloom and Lens Flare.
- Set the Resource-intense Lighting Quality to High.
Preset For Environmental Details
Although the environmental detail is unnecessary, it gives a satisfying visual output. Moreover, this detail blends in quite well with the texture quality and is ineffective in the VRAM.
- Take the Mesh Quality to Max.
- Ambient Occlusion to FidelityFX CACAO and keep the Terrain On for detailed environment textures.
- Turn On the Screen Space Reflection.
- Depth of Field and Motion Blur should be On.
- Resource-intense Effects Quality should be set to High.
- Particle Quality and Rain should be High.
To sum up, Resident Evil 4 Remake gives players numerous choices to set the graphics according to their preferences. This factor can be quite handy as the game requires a robust system to provide maximum visual quality. Therefore, it is the best opportunity for average spec players to enjoy the game in performance-friendly graphic settings.
That is about it for our guide on Resident Evil 4 Remake graphics settings for optimal FPS performance. Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Now that you are here, why not read:
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Blue Medallions Location.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Best Graphics Settings.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Lake Symbol Puzzle.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback ☺️
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 🤔