In The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, the Zonai wing provides players with a means of flight, offering an exhilarating and efficient traversal mode throughout the game’s expansive world. While the paraglider allows for gliding and easy descent, mastering the Zonai wing requires practice and experimentation. Unfortunately, the game does not explicitly explain the best wing techniques. This guide aims to share various methods and tips to help players effectively use the Zonai wing for flight.
- During the playthrough of the new The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, players can opt for various methods and tips to master the Zonai wing, including launching techniques, reverse takeoff, skydiving, and utilizing additional Zonai tools for enhanced flight.
- Additionally, gain insights into the precise controls of the Zonai wing, such as standing positions for changing direction, using a Zonai Steering Stick for responsive control, and attaching fans for increased speed.
- You can learn how to replenish energy, prolong flight duration with batteries, and stock up on Zonai charges for uninterrupted flights.
- Moreover, players can learn valuable strategies for efficient flight, including utilizing runways, caution with additional speed enhancements, and Recall ability in tricky situations.
To begin your journey into the skies of Hyrule, you will encounter the Zonai wing early in the adventure on Great Sky Island. Here, a pre-cut runway sends the wing into the air using gravity. Utilize this runway to reach the Temple of Time and gain valuable experience in flying.
Obtaining Zonai Charges
On Great Sky Island, near the Gutanbac Shrine, you will find a Zonai capsule dispenser. Purchasing Zonai charges in bulk is recommended by putting five charges into the machine to receive as many capsules as possible. This will provide ample Zonai wings and fans, essential tools for aerial and surface exploration.
Launching The Zonai Wing
Once you return to the surface of Hyrule, finding Zonai wing launch ramps becomes difficult. However, there are alternative methods for taking flight. One approach is to convert the Zonai wing from a glider to a miniature airplane by utilizing additional Zonai tools such as fans or rockets.
Place the appropriate Zonai parts near the edge of a tall cliff and balance them accordingly. Trigger the Zonai fans or rockets to propel the wing off the edge, ensuring you have sufficient propulsion for takeoff.
Reverse Takeoff Technique
An alternative and resource-efficient method involves dropping a Zonai wing onto a flat surface near the cliff’s edge. Use Ultrahand to grab the wing from a distance and carry it to the cliff’s edge, holding it off its edge at a high position.
Slowly walk backward, gradually lowering the Zonai wing back to the surface, simulating a reverse takeoff. Once the wing is on the ground, hop on it and activate Recall. If done correctly, the Zonai wing will take off into the air and soar off the cliff.
Initiate a skydive from a significant height for a more challenging but visually impressive method. Once at an appropriate altitude, open the paraglider and drop a Zonai wing capsule beneath you. If successful, the Zonai wing will materialize beneath Link’s feet, converting the free fall’s energy into forward momentum.
Zonai Wing Controls
Here are the details regarding the controls for using the Zonai wing in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom:
- Stand in the wing’s center to continue flying in the same direction.
- To change direction:
- Stand on the left wing to turn left.
- Stand on the right wing to turn right.
- Stand on the nose to dive.
- Stand on the tail to angle upward (particularly helpful if you have a fan attached).
- For more precise control, you can use a Zonai Steering Stick. Attach it to the wing’s center, and it will provide you with immediate and responsive control during flight.
- You can attach a fan or two to the back of the wing to increase your speed. This will boost you, but be cautious as it may make the wing more challenging to control.
- Use Zonai Charges to replenish your energy cell as needed. If you run out of energy, the weight of the fans attached to the wing will cause it to descend. Batteries, which you acquire later in the game, can help prolong the duration of the fans.
By understanding and mastering these controls, you can precisely maneuver the Zonai wing and explore the vast world of Tears of the Kingdom with greater freedom and efficiency. Enjoy the thrill of soaring through the skies.
Tips For Efficient Flight
- Remember that the Zonai wing has a time limit of one minute before it disappears, regardless of piloting skill.
- Utilize runways or launch areas like rails on the Sky Islands for clean lift-off and experimentation.
- Fans and rockets can be attached to the Zonai wing to increase speed but exercise caution when using rockets to maintain control.
- Use the Recall ability in tricky terrain or limited takeoff space by carefully positioning the wing and retracing its steps.
- Keep your Zonai charges stocked to extend flight time and replenish the wing’s energy.
In The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, the Zonai wing offers players a thrilling way to traverse the vast world of Hyrule. This article suggests mastering flight on Great Sky Island, purchasing Zonai charges for a steady supply, and experimenting with different launch methods like fans or rockets.
That is about it for our guide on using wings in Tears of the Kingdom. Share your thoughts and queries in the comments section below.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback ☺️
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. 🤔