A New Naruto game named Ultimate Ninja Storm CONNECTIONS might be under development as Bandai Namco has filed a trademark for it. The original series is a proud development of CyberConnect2 and was published by Bandai Namco.
- The recent rumors for the 5th Ultimate Ninja Storm game seem to be accurate, but the game won’t be marked with a numeric but ends with CONNECTIONS at the end of its name.
- The trademark was filed in Europe and is under the process of being approved by the legal authorities of Europe.
- A new Naruto game might finally be possible after six years, as the last entry was released in 2016. The game is supposedly expected to cover Naruto’s next generation Boruto.
- The chance of it being a co-op game is relatively high, as per the speculated suggestion made by CONNECTIONS being in its name.
- The expected announcement of the new game is in December of this year.
The Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series’s first game came out in 2008 and had six entries in the series, with Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 being the latest one released in 2016. The 4th game was released for the Switch in 2020, and there hasn’t been any news relating to a new game except for the rumor of the 5th game being developed earlier this year by Senju in Japan.
The rumors seem to have weight now, as Bandai Namco has just filed a trademark for Ultimate Ninja Storm CONNECTIONS. It isn’t the first time a Naruto Shippuden game isn’t marked with a numeric number, as there was Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations, released in 2012, and Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revelation, released in 2014.
It seems to be very unclear what the new Naruto game is. The possible answer is that it could be the 5th game continuing the story to Boruto Naruto’s next generation. It is because Boruto has enough content to cover a full game with enough new and old characters.
Another possibility is that it’s a co-op game if speculation is made with the word CONNECTIONS in it. This would be a first for the Ultimate Ninja Storm series, as the previous games have had tournament and PVP modes but no co-op. This vast project could cover the full story of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, allowing players to experience the game in co-op.
The possible date for the game’s announcement is the 17th of December, as the official Japanese Twitter of Naruto made a teaser. The teaser in question is an event to be held on the 17, so look out for an announcement on that date and some potential news might be released that day.
2022.12.17 START#NARUTO pic.twitter.com/Bfr3Ycy4Bq
— NARUTO・BORUTO【原作公式】 (@NARUTO_kousiki) October 27, 2022
This is, so far, all the speculations about the game and the speculated date for the announcement. It is highly expected that the new game may be announced in December, so stay tuned for the Naruto event and The Game Awards coming next month.
What are your expectations and speculations? We would love to hear all about it down in the comments.
Related Article: New Metal Gear game in development.